Monday, February 21, 2011

An Amazing Idea

Those of you out there who are the creative types, whether a writer, an actor, a designer or a painter, you know how it feels to have that light bulb moment, that brilliant flash of a great idea.  Of all the many, many satisfying moments in our lives, that has to rank up there among the top few, doesn't it? 

Last night I had what I think is a great idea for a book and this morning, hours later, I'm still riding that high.  I'm so excited, I can't stand myself (that happens often, but for myriad reasons:).  I am in the middle of finishing a project, but I can hardly wait to get it done so I can start on my next new and exciting journey.  The one small comfort that I have is that I have a notebook that has been within a foot of my body since last night when creativity struck.  At least I can sort of "work on it" until I am freed up and able to really work on it.

One of the most awesome things, in my opinion, about being a writer is that every few weeks (or every day if you so choose), you can live another life.  You can be anyone anywhere at any time doing anything.  Today I'm Mercy in Pennsylvania getting ready to spend an evening with Grayson.  Next week, though, I'll be a girl in the not-so-distant future on the world's most important mission with only a pen and paper to guide me to the one person on the planet who can help me.  Life is good!
Post a Comment