Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Leilani's review and a word

Leilani posted her review of The Reaping on her blog here.  She's got a great new summer look for her blog, too, that I really like.

Now, let me just say that there is all sorts of crazy stuff going on out there in the world, isn't there?  Holy cow!  But, as always, there can be something good said about everything, no matter how messy and ugly things are.  Recent events have made me realize that I need to, once again, express my gratitude and maybe a little of my world view.

First, I would like to say-- publicly, humbly, sincerely -- THANK YOU to each and every person who has read my book.  Really, THANK YOU!!!  I hope, truly hope that everyone enjoys it, but I also know that the likelihood of that is virtually nil.  Unfortunately *sigh*, that's just not the way of the world.  As to that, I have a word for those who have enjoyed my work and those who have not.

To all the readers and reviewers who liked / loved a book or books of mine, YAY!  I'm elated that you enjoyed it.  Seriously.  It's one of the biggest, most gratifying thrills in the world to have someone appreciate anything that you've poured your heart and soul into.  If I was a bazillionaire, I'd take you all out to dinner.  Red Lobster anyone?  Just kidding.  I'm barely a dollar-aire:)  You know, new author and all.
To all of you who didn't like a book of mine, for whatever reason, I'd like to thank you as well for reading / reviewing my work.  I can only hope to improve with time and it is my sincere desire that eventually, if you stick with me, you'll find something that you love along the way. 

My personal philosophy is this:  I strive always to be respectful and considerate of everyone else and of their work, whatever that work is.  It's the least we can do for one another.  Just watching the news makes it easy to see that there's too much hate and hating in the world.  That could stop, TODAY, but it has to start with the individual, one person at a time.  I try every day to do my part.

So, at the end of the day, I say CHEERS!  We're all in this together, one way or the other, like it or not.  We should be nice to each other.  You never know when the person you're cutting to shreds might be the one holding the fire hose when you're aflame:)  Yikes!

Happy Hump Day!!  
Post a Comment