Friday, April 29, 2011

The Summer of Sequels

This summer, the movie theaters are going to be full of sequels.  Pirates 4, Cars 2, Scream 4, Faster 5, Hangover 2, Mission: Impossible 4, Transformers 3, Harry Potter 7.5 (or 8, depending on how you view it).  I look forward to each and every one of them.  I'm a huge movie buff.  My other dream job in life, if I couldn't be a writer, would be a movie critic.  The only problem with that is that there are only certain movies I want to watch.  I wouldn't want to watch anything sad or subtitled, and I'm sure they'd want me to do exactly that, so...I'm even more grateful that I'm a writer.  I can write what I want, happy endings and all.

Speaking of which, this is going to be my summer (and probably, to some extent, fall) of sequels, too.  When I began writing, I didn't intend to write 4 very different books before I wrote even one one sequel.  In fact, the very first book I ever wrote, I wrote the second book right away.  I don't know what happened, other than (as usual), I got carried away by my imagination.  I'm forever thinking, "Oh, that would be a cool storyline" or "I'd love to write a book about ________" or "I love vampires.  I need to write a book just about vampires."  That kind of stuff happens to me all the time.  Really.  In the middle of the night, in the shower, during the news, during a meal.  My imagination is constantly at work, whether I am or not.  I suppose that's a good thing, it just makes it hard to focus on one thing at a time for very long.  As I've said before, I have AADD (author's attention deficit disorder). 

"Focus, you must, my young Padawan," my inner Yoda said.  So that's what I'm doing. 

I'm happy to report to all those who have asked (and thank you for your support and interest BTW) that all my next projects are sequels.  I'm currently working on the next Blood Like Poison book.  After I publish that, I'll begin the second installment of The Reaping (Fahllen series) and following that, Wiccan's final book.  Lastly, probably sometime in the fall, I'll be writing Cat's next life.

So, there you have it.  Let me warn you, however, that this winter I'm going to finish one of my new projects.  I can't decide whether it's going to be my dystopian novel or something I've not told you about.  It's hard to say.  Inspiration is a fickle, fickle thing.  Sometimes, she grabs on tight and won't let go, no matter how much I might like her to sit still on something else for a little while longer.  My little book of ideas is overflowing with stories that are begging to be written, but I'll just have to wait and see.  A few months can make a world of difference.  Heck, to me a few days or even a few hours can make a world of difference.  Fickle, I tell you!  Fickle!

See, even now, I'm resisting the urge to go off on a tangent with another book. But, no!  I'm focused on BLP 2 and that's that:)

Stay tuned-in here for more details and announcements.  As you know, I do answer questions on FB, but I tend to make most of my "broadcasts" here.  Don't really know why.  It's weird.  I think it's because...

Did you see me fading off right there??  *sigh*  I'm hopeless:)

Anywho, y'all have a wonderful weekend!!  I need some coffee...
Post a Comment