Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Like my new digs?

Ooo, pretty!! 

Ok, so late bloomer that I am, it's taken me this long to discover Hot Bliggity Blog, but I totally love it!  To me, it's the blog background / accessory equivalent of shoes, only ones I won't change as often:)

Anywho, it kind of goes along with my summer-y attitude.  And along with that comes a couple other announcements I'd like to make. 

At one point, I had decided to dedicate this summer to sequels, and in a way I still will.  I have, however, changed my schedule a bit. 

With the writing of Blood Like Poison, I have discovered a love of stories that depart somewhat from my usual dark-and-dramatic tales.  It is for that reason that I have decided to do a different kind of project in between my sequels. 

I began it yesterday and hope to have it published by the end of the month.  How, you may ask?  Well, that's part of the secret.  For now, let's just say that it will open up my work to a very, very large audience and I hope to tell them all a fun tale. And, of course, love will be in the air:)

Once I get closer to finishing, I'll announce more in the way of details and my "plan."  And believe it or not, there is actually a plan, which goes totally against the grain for someone like me.  However, the "plan" has less to do with the book's content than the way I intend to publish it.  Curious yet?  Well, hang on to that.  There will soon be more to come.

After I get this work published, I may go back and write the next book in the Blood Like Poison series.  I so enjoy writing about Bo (who wouldn't, right?) that I think I'd like to do one more before I start on the sequel to The Reaping.  I'm afraid I wouldn't do the first book justice if I begin it when I'm feeling so...light.  If you've read The Reaping, I'm sure you totally get what I'm saying. 

Anyway, I think I'm going to hold off being so concrete with work, so as not to disappoint people if things change.  Soooo, as of right now, I'm saying that you can expect a new book from me tentatively by the first of July.  Much will be explained at that point and then I'll announce with absolute certainty my next project.  How does that sound?  Questions?  Comments?

As always, I really want you guys to reach out and talk to me.  Those of you who already have know how much I like to chat and hear from you.  So, by all means, give me a holler:)

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I'm off to type.  The creative juices are flowing, flowing, flowing:D

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!
Post a Comment