Friday, November 11, 2011

YA Indie Carnival- 11

Welcome to the 11-11-11 edition of the YA Indie Carnival! 

The cool thing about everyone's blog today is that we're just using the number 11, in whatever way seems like a good idea.  Me?  I'm going to tell you, in no particular order,

11 Reasons Why I Love to Write

1.  Readers.  That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the reasons I love to write.  Although there are many more, you all have turned out to be the very best thing about my job.  I feel like I might've told you this once or twice before (hehe), but y'all never cease to amaze, inspire and encourage me.  I love to create a world and characters for you to fall in love with, for you to escape into.  It really does give me some serious writing mojo most days!  Really.

2.  I get to call my pajamas my "work clothes" and because they're my "work clothes," I get to buy some seriously nice pajamas:)  SCORE!

3.  I have complete control of the world!  Muwahahahahaha!  Well, at least the world that I create.  This one, the one that we live in?  Eh, not so much.  *sigh*  Maybe some day...

4.  There's always a happy ending.  At least in my books.  If you know anything about me AT ALL, you know good and well that I would have to be completely overtaken--body, soul, and spirit--to write a sad or otherwise unhappy ending.  I don't think I have it in me.  As long as it's REALLY me, mind you.  *eyes crowd suspiciously*

5.  The guys are hot!  Y'all, as much as I try to write about an ugly leading man, I just can't seem to let them stay that way.  They may be flawed, as everyone is, or they may be challenged, as everyone is in some way or another, but some how they still end up hot.  Then again, I'm looking at them through the eyes of the girls that love them.  Love goggles:)

6.  Somebody has a cool power or ability.  In my books, try as I might to make people ordinary, some sort of exceptional ability always turns up.  I guess in an ideal world, we'd all have a super power.  How cool would that be?  Michelle for President, 2016?  ROFL  Yeah, right;)

7.  I get to give the characters in my head a voice.  Finally!  After running around in my imagination for days, weeks, sometimes even months or years, they finally get to have their say.  Can you imagine being muzzled for months?  If someone wouldn't let me speak for even a day, I think I might die.  Literally.  Just sayin'.

8.  I get to take unlimited coffee breaks.  Y'all, I never realized how big a deal that was until I could do it.  It's pretty.  Frickin'.  Sweet.

9.  I stay caught up on laundry.  Is that a weird business perk?  Because it feels pretty important to me.  LOL

10.  For the first time in my life, I get to let my imagination run wild, have free reign, go wherever it wants to go, and y'all, my imagination is pretty dang wild!  Just be glad that I don't write everything that comes into my head!  "Fasten your seatbelt" wouldn't even touch it!!

11.  I get to have the best job in the world!  Thank God!  He finally let me find my sweet spot!  Whew!  It was a long time coming, but it was totally worth the wait:)

Alright y'all, as always TGIF and happy reading!  Go check out the other carnis before you jump head first into Friday.

Dani Snell Refracted Light Reviews
Patti Larsen Author of The Ghost Boy of MacKenzie House, The Hunted Series and the Hayle Coven Novels
Courtney Cole Author of Every Last Kiss, Fated, Princess, and Guardian. Also a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Nicole Williams Author of Eternal Eden, and Fallen Eden. She is also a contributing author in the Glassheart Chronicles
Fisher Amelie Author of The Understorey, as well as a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Laura Elliott Author of Winnemucca as well as 13 on Halloween, book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
Amy Jones Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy as well as a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Rachel Coles Author of Diary of a Duct Tape Zombie, Whistles, Beergarden, Plagues, Bees of St. John, and Mushrooms
T.R. Graves Author of Warriors of the Cross
PJ Hoover Author of Solstice, The Emerald Tablet, The Navel of the World, The Necropolis
Alicia McCalla Author of the upcoming science-fiction novel Breaking Free
Abbi Glines Author of Breathe, and the upcoming Existence and Vincent Boys
Cheri Schmidt Author of Fateful, Fractured, and Fair Maiden
Lexus Luke Author of Manitou, The Sky People Saga
Suzy Turner Author of December Moon and Raven
K.C. Blake Author of Vampire Rules
Gwenn Wright Author of Filter
Kimberly Kinrade Author of Bits of You & Pieces of Me and Forbidden Mind
Darby Karchut Author of Griffin Rising and the upcoming Griffin's Fire
Madeline Smoot Author of Missing, Summer Shorts, and The Girls
Cidney Swanson Author of Ripple series
Heather Self Blogger, Reviewer and upcoming Indie Author

Post a Comment