Monday, December 5, 2011

Author Tiffany King and The Ascended Blog Tour

I'm so excited, y'all!  Today I am featuring the incredible Tiffany King on my blog.  Eeeeep!  For those of you who don't know her, she is the author of the Saving Angels series and she is one amazing talent!  She has just completed the third and final book in the trilogy and is taking the literary world by storm with a 24-day blog tour, replete with all sorts of prizes.  So, once you've read this amazing excerpt, keep going right on down the page.  You'll find all of Tiffany's contact information, details about the prizes and an itinerary for her tour stops.  Soooo, without further ado, here's a sneak peak at her third novel, The Ascended.

The darkness that surrounded me was as oppressive as ever. I could feel it seeping into my every pore, growing heavier and thicker with each passing moment. I was too scared to move, afraid I would run into some kind of obstacle, or worse yet, step off into some unseen void. I clamped my eyes tightly closed and rubbed them with my knuckles, trying to decipher any kind of light or outline, but it was no use. The blackness continued its unforgiving assault on my senses, making me shrink in the vast nothingness. The hair on the back of my arms stood on end as a cold bead of sweat trickled its way from the nape of my neck all the way down my spine. Suddenly, I had the feeling there was someone—or—something in this dark cavern with me. Maybe it was just my own paranoia...this kind of pitch black really screws with your head.            

"Who-o-o's th-there?" I finally stuttered out in a near whisper.            

 I jumped at an abrupt onslaught of noises coming at me from multiple directions. My mouth opened to scream, but no sound escaped as fear tightened its grip around my throat. I was completely disoriented from the darkness and became lightheaded as I spun around trying to protect myself from a possible attack from behind. As I stood in place, trying to regain some kind of control, I suddenly realized that the noise was merely an echo from my own voice.            

Relief flowed through me, as I worked to slow my breathing and calm my heart that was beating like a race horse in my chest.            

Cautiously, I placed my right foot in front of me while I kept the majority of weight on my back leg in case I encountered air instead of solid footing. My relief grew as my foot hit solid ground. I raised my left foot to take another tentative step, using my outstretched hands as a guide. Before I could complete my forward motion, I heard a soft sinister chuckle close to my ear. Pulling back quickly, I stumbled in my haste to distance myself from whoever was lurking in the darkness. My feet tangled together making me land in heap on the hard ground.            

I wrapped my arms around myself, cowering in fear as the single chuckle turned into multiple laughs from every direction. Chocking on my fear, I tried to scoot away from the laughter by sliding across the surface on my bottom. The noise bounced off the unseen walls of the space I was in, closing in on me from every direction. I gasped in terror as a cold dead hand grabbed my arm.


You can find Tiffany here:


And you can find the first two books here:

Meant to Be
Forgotten Souls

Now, here are the details about the prizes and giveaway:

1)   Every three days, Tiffany will compile a list of the names of people who have commented on the blogs for those days.  She will then randomly draw a winner who will receive an eBook of one of The Saving Angels books.

2)   For the grand prize, every person that leaves a comment on one of the blogs will be entered to win a signed poster of one of Tiffany's book covers. She will also be giving away a signed set of all three books.  Soooo, you'll have four chances to win a grand prize. Extra entries will be given for every blog you leave a comment on, so if you visit all 24 blogs you will be entered 24 times into the grand prize drawing.

Here is her itinerary:  
December 4th Courtney Cole
December 5th M. Leighton
December 6th Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
December 7th Nichole Chase
December 8th Two Chicks on Books
December 9th The Autumn Review
December 10th Shelly Crane
December 12th Jennifer Snyder
December 13th Devyn Dawson
December 14th Laura Elliot
December 15th fiktshun
December 16th Bookish Babes
December 17th Tess Watson
December 18th Megan Duncan
December 19th Hey it’s Fishy
December 20th Abbi Glines
December 21st C.A Kunz
December 22nd Teenage Reader
December 23rd Secret Lives of Fiction Lovers
December 24th Michelle Muto
December 25th Christmas Day
December 26th Amy Jones
December 27th Fisher Amelie
December 29th Sean Hayden
Okie dokie, be sure to leave your comment and follow the rest of her blog appearances.  You will fall in love with her and her work if you haven't already:)

Happy reading, y'all!!
Post a Comment