Friday, May 4, 2012

YA Indie Carnival- WIP


Today on the Carnival, we are posting the first paragraph of our current work in progress (WIP).  Many of you know I'm currently working on Madly book 3.  Here is the cover: 


It's due out this month.  I was hoping for earlier, but life has been giving me fits without many giggles, so it will likely be the latter part of the month:(  BOO!  But, better late than never, right?  Right! 

So, I know it's a short one, but this is the first paragraph: 

I looked over at Jackson where he swam strongly at my side.  We both knew he could easily leave me behind to reach his destination more quickly, but he didn’t.  Despite the seriousness of our task, he held back to stay with me, to stay by my side.  It’s where he’d promised he would always be.

How's that for a little dollop?  Can a piece of literature be a dollop?  If not, it should be.  I always think of whipped cream when I think of a dollop.  Whipped cream is delicious and so is Jackson.  I think dollop is totally apropos here, don't you?  LOL

Go check out what the others are working on, y'all!  And, as always, TGIF!!


Dani Snell Refracted Light Reviews
Patti Larsen Author of The Ghost Boy of MacKenzie House, The Hunted Series and the Hayle Coven Novels
Courtney Cole Author of Every Last Kiss, Fated, Princess, and Guardian. Also a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Fisher Amelie Author of The Understorey, as well as a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Laura Elliott Author of Winnemucca as well as 13 on Halloween, book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
Amy Jones Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy as well as a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Rachel Coles Author of Diary of a Duct Tape Zombie, Whistles, Beergarden, Plagues, Bees of St. John, and Mushrooms
T.R. Graves Author of Warriors of the Cross
Cheri Schmidt Author of Fateful, Fractured, and Fair Maiden
Suzy Turner Author of December Moon and Raven
K.C. Blake Author of Vampire Rules
Gwenn Wright Author of Filter
Cidney Swanson Author of Ripple series
Heather Self Blogger, Reviewer and upcoming Indie Author
Heather M. White, Author of The Destiny Saga
Melissa Pearl, Author The Time Spirit Trilogy
Bryna Butler, Author of Midnight Guardian series
Liz Long
Ella James
Maureen Murrish

Post a Comment