Tuesday, July 10, 2012

UtopYACon and my WIP

As many of you know, I attended the first ever UtopYACon, which is a conference celebrating the women writers of paranormal fiction.  I must say, I thought it was great!  The coordinators and the founder, Janet Wallace, did a truly phenomenal job!  I can't even imagine the time and planning and money and effort that went into something of that magnitude.  My hat is off to y'all!  Really. 

I got to meet many of the authors I've talked to on Twitter or friended on FB and most of them were even more fantastic IRL than I imagined they would be.  I was thoroughly WOWd:)  I sat on panels with some of my faves and in the evenings, we went out for dinner and drinks and lots and lots of talking.  As you might have suspected, most of that was done by yours truly.  You know, because I'm so quiet and all.



Yeah, they all probably got their fill of Michelle and then some!  But, it was great fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  In fact, I have every intention of going next year.  If they'll have me back, that is:)

Here's a picture they took at the con.  It's small, but you can still see some of the awesome peeps at my table. 

That's me, third on the left between the hilarious Heather Robbins (aka Supa Gurl) and the gorgeous Amy Bartol.  Quinn Loftis and Georgia Cates, two of the most awesome girls you could ever hope to meet, hadn't arrived yet.  Boo!  I so wanted them in that picture!!  We had the rowdiest table there.  Are you surprised?  Nah, I didn't think so:)

I'm in the aftermath now.  You know that funky place you go to after you get back from vacation?  It's like that.  Ack!  *sigh*  But, it's time to get back to life in the real world and I'm more determined than ever to focus on my writing and the important things in life, to let go of the things that don't matter.  Life is actually pretty simple. It's people like me who tend to complicate it, the people who worry about the little things. 

I'm stopping right here to give a huge shout-out to the genius behind the phrase "don't sweat the small stuff".  Duuuuuuude!  You freakin' rock!

Anywho, so today begins the sprint to finish my WIP.  Y'all, I am so in love with these characters, with this book, I can't even tell you!  I hope and pray it comes out like I think it will and that you'll love it as much as I do!  That's my mission.  It's a contemporary romance of the mature YA variety.  I'm leaning toward posting the blurb as soon as I settle on a title.  I've wavered back and forth on a name for a good two weeks now.  It's giving me a fit for some reason.  But I'll get there.  It'll come to me eventually.  I'm just hoping for sooner rather than later.

Oh and did I mention that y'all are awesome?  And that I love hearing from so many of you every day?  And that when I say it makes my day, it actually does?  I write for the love of it, but if I'm being honest, I have to admit that, even more than that, I write for you!  It's my goal to write you the best story you've ever read.  And I'll get there!  Mark my words, one day, I'll get there:)

I hope y'all have a phenomenal Tuesday and a great week!  *hugs*  Love ya lots!!

Post a Comment