Sunday, August 19, 2012

WOW moment

I can't say that I've wanted to be a writer since grade school or that it's been my life's ambition to author a book.  All I've ever really wanted was to love or even just like my job.  I waited years and years and years to find "THE" job and I worked dozens and dozens of jobs until I found it.

But then I did.

And now I'm a writer.  By occupation, by divine machination, by SOUL, I'm a writer.  To be able to pay my bills was the main goal.  And God saw to that.  But I never once thought for a second that I'd be able to pay my bills with my PASSION.  And yet, here I am doing exactly that.  Anything above and beyond that is just icing.  Beautiful, wonderful, delicious, gratifying icing.

Thanks to y'all, I'm able to do what I love every single day of my life.  You can't put a price tag on that.  And you can't quantify how profoundly grateful I am.  But in the midst of all this that has happened in the last year and a half, another dream has taken shape.  This one isn't a matter of survival. It's a personal thing.  It's like the 40-year old swimmer who has already won gold at the Olympics.  He or she doesn't need to go back to win gold; that's been done.  He or she wants to go back to satisfy a personal quest, something that money can't buy and few people understand.  That's the kind of thing today represents to me. 

It's been a quiet, deeply personal dream of mine to crack the Top 25 on Amazon.  I'm not there yet, but I hope I will be.  It happens in baby steps.  But today, I got to see my book sitting in the company of two authors I've read and admired for the majority of my adult life.  I'm in no way comparing myself to them or their greatness. I'm just saying to see my work there amongst them is the most surreal thing I've ever experienced.  Surreal and wonderful.  It was one of the best WOW moments I've had over the past 18 months.

Thank you to every blogger, every reader, and every friend for being with me all this time.  I love you and value you more than you will ever know.  EVER!  From the bottom of my heart, I hope you get to see your dreams come true one day.  Truly.

THANK YOU!!!

Post a Comment