Friday, September 28, 2012

Down to You playlist- where the songs fit

Okay, so I wanted to give you an idea of where each song fits in the book, just in case you don't already know. I'll be vague in some places so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it or isn't finished yet.  I hope you can see it in your head like I can--the song playing along with the scenes.  I didn't want the post to be enormous, so it doesn't include all the songs from the list.  For the complete playlist or if you want to listen as you read, I'm embedding the Spotify playlist on my sidebar;)  I hope you enjoy it! 
Nickelback, Figured You Out, is the song that's playing when Olivia strips Cash's shirt off when they first meet.  Yowza!

Def Leppard, Pour Some Sugar on Me, is playing when Olivia "auditions" at the club.  *shivers*

Jessie James, Wanted, is playing when Taryn does her dance on the bar.

Flo Rida, Whistle, is playing just before Olivia has to make her version of a margarita.  I had to include some Flo Rida after the whole Wild Ones thing;) 

Whitesnake, Still of the Night, is playing during when Olivia gets the night visitor.  There's a part in it that's just instrumental. Listen to the tempo and let that scene play through your head.  Holy.  Moly.

Lumineers, Ho Hey, is playing when Cash performs his "deassholization" services;)

Ne-Yo, Let Me Love You, is playing in the shower.  You know which one I mean;)

Gavin DeGraw, In Love with a Girl, is playing when "they" are separated.

Rihanna, Rehab, is playing for Olivia when they're separated.  She wants to let go. She knows she should.  But she can't. 

And then, finally, you know when he's "home" and this is playing softly in the background.  *sigh*

I hope it helps you enjoy looking back on the scenes.  Music has such a huge influence on my mood and the way my scenes play out in my head. I hope you can feel it, too;)

Thank you all so much for reading and for loving Olivia and her men.  I'm more grateful than you'll ever know!!
Post a Comment