Thursday, October 4, 2012

Down to You- Thank God for its heyday

Okay, so it's true.  I can't thank God enough.  Or y'all.  Every single one of you.  Without you, I wouldn't even be writing this post.  So please know, as you read on, that not a day goes by that I'm not DEEPLY and ETERNALLY grateful.  Because I am.  Probably more so every day.  And that's saying a lot, because I'm a pretty thankful person. 

I hope none of this comes across as bragging.  If you follow my blog much, you know I don't post things about sales or ranks.  But today, I'm going to.  Why?  Because I am so excited, I can barely stand myself. I've squealed so much, I've given myself a headache, and I'm pretty sure seeing spots isn't a normal thing:D  LOL  Also, you can't imagine how difficult it is to eat around a smile this big.  All this deliciousness is too much to keep to oneself, so I want to share it with you--the people who brought me and Olivia and Cash and Nash to this point. 

Soooooo much has happened since I quit my job to write full time.  It's been incredibly hard at times, incredibly emotional at times (some bad, but mostly good), but most of all, it's been incredibly rewarding.  As a writer, the last two months have been the greatest of my career (the next one being the day I sold my very first book).  So far anyway.  As a person, they're right up there with a couple of my other dream-come-true moments.  As I've said a dozen times in the last few weeks, to say that this has all been surreal would be the equivalent of calling the moon a shiny pebble.  hehe  You get my meaning;)

I released Down to You, my first adult book, on Sunday, September 23, 2012.  Thanks to Amazon and Barnes and Noble and a whole slew of other sites, authors like me are able to put their work out for readers to (hopefully) stumble upon and (hopefully) enjoy.  They are yet another couple things I'm thankful for.  To say they changed my life seems ridiculously insufficient in light of what's below. 

Anyway, I hope it hasn't already peaked, but just in case it has, I am recording this period of time--Down to You in its heyday! Wahoooooooo!  Things change so quickly and there are so, so many amazing books out there, I feel honored and privileged and extremely humbled to have been ranked among them for five minutes, let alone a few days.

(updated 10-18-12)

Here is is at #3 on Amazon



Here it is at #3 on Barnes and Noble


Here it is at #17 on USA Today Best Seller's list (10-11-12) 


And here it is at #8 (ebook) and #12 (combined print and ebook) on New York Times Best Seller's List (10-21-12)




To say I'm happy today would be a gross understatement.  To say I'm just thankful would be a tragedy.  I am thrilled.  I am gratified. I am overwhelmed. I am excited.  I am optimistic. I am challenged.  I am inspired.  But most of all, I am grateful.  So, so grateful.  My God, my readers, where would I be without you?  I know I say it a lot, but it needs to be said and I MEAN it a lot.  THANK YOU.  Truly.



Post a Comment