M. Leighton New Adult Contemporary

Sunday, November 10, 2013

ALL THE PRETTY LIES PLAYLIST (and another excerpt- hehe)

If you've followed me for very long, you know how big of an influence music is in my life and in my writing.  I'm always so excited to share playlists.  I know, I know. I'm a huge nerd like that:D  LOL  Anyway, here are the songs that go along with Sloane and Hemi's journey in ALL THE PRETTY LIES.




You can scroll down on that ^^^ Spotify list to see the rest of the songs:)

I thought I'd pull out one in particular and give you bits and pieces of an excerpt that goes along with it.  It's not complete, but just enough to give you a feel for the scene. When Sloane goes back to The Ink Stain to get more of her tattooing done, this song is playing.  Afterward, she hears it in her head when she thinks of Hemi on other occasions.  It's called "Still Remains" by Stone Temple Pilots.  I hope you enjoy it with this excerpt and I hope you LOVE the whole playlist as you read the book:)





Excerpt:

“And did you like it?  Knowing that all those eyes were on you?  That everyone in that room, male and female, would slit a man’s throat for one little taste of you?”

“That’s insane!  No one in that room was looking at me that way.”

“Oh, that’s where you’re wrong,” he spits furiously.  “You have no idea what you looked like up there.  With your hair put up and a few curls dangling down on your shoulder.”  Reaching out, Hemi fingers the strands that still rest there.  “Your lips so red and kissable.”  His eyes rise to my mouth. I have the sudden urge to moisten my lips.  “And your breasts, so round and firm.  Oh, God!” he groans, “I’ve never wanted to touch somebody so bad in all my life.  Not one person.  Ever.  My tongue tingled just thinking about tasting you.  And when you looked up at me, I could see it in your eyes. You were wishing the same thing.  You were wishing I was touching you.”  His voice is low and thick, hypnotic.  It oozes over my skin like molasses.  “Tell me you were wishing I was touching you.”

He’s weaving a web of desire around me, his words like strands of the strongest silk, holding me captive. I’m trapped by them, ensnared by him until he either lets me go or makes me his.

Before I can think better of it, I give him honesty.  “I was.  I could barely breathe when you were looking at me,” I admit breathlessly.

“I know I’ll hate myself for this tomorrow, but I have to have a taste of you, Sloane.  I can’t deny myself for one more minute.  Let me show you what I was thinking when I saw you lying up there. Let me show you what it feels like when a man stops fighting.”  His words drift away as his face draws closer to mine.  I feel his breath, warm and moist, on my lips.  “Let me show you what it feels like when your wish comes true.”


Also, I'm giving away some goodies on Facebook.  Jump on over to my author page and check it out.  T-shirts and key chains and paperbacks, oh my!



AND PAPERBACKS!