M. Leighton New Adult Contemporary

Friday, April 4, 2014

YA Anthology and...a MADLY 4 announcement!

I thought today would be a good day to announce my plans for Madly 4 because her first story is included in a young adult collection with 9 other bestselling authors, a collection that went live today.  The goal for the anthology is that it will be free as soon as we can get the retailers to price match it.  The other authors include Shelly Crane, Quinn Loftis, Lila Felix, AM Hargrove, Rachel Higginson, Julia Crane, Amber Garza, Jamie McGee, and Cambria Herbert (<-----isn't Cambria such a pretty name?).  Here is the link to find it on Amazon.  At the moment, it's priced at $1.99 because of the file size, but, again, the goal is to get it free ASAP:)  This brings me to my next announcement.

Madly 4.  Madly and the Sea Witch.

I know it's been almost 2 years since book 3, Madly and the Jackal released.  The awesomely amazing thing is that so, so, SO many of you haven't forgotten them.  It both humbles and thrills me:)  I'm so sorry for the delay.  My life has been a crazy whirlwind of wonderful things, but it's also been extremely busy. LOL  However, I've never forgotten about Madly and Jackson. Or Jersey and Aidan and Kellina.  I love them all.  They stole my heart from the moment I met them, and I'm very excited to get back to Slumber and Atlas to spend some time with them.  But I'm going to do things a bit differently this time.  Here's how.

First, I'm going to post this novel in large chunks at 4-week intervals FOR FREE right here on my blog.  The first installment will be available the first week of May.  Y'all have been so good to me and so patient, I feel like this is the least that I can do for you.

Secondly, I'm going to let y'all have some say in how this plays out.  There are some...up-in-the-air parts that I've been toying with and I thought I'd get your opinion on some things before I actually write those sections.  For that, I'll do a poll around the middle of each month, the first of which is on my sidebar today, so please take a minute to select who will be a traitor to Madly. I won't tell you how, only that someone will betray her.  And I'll let you decide who it's going to be.  So, cast your vote for the "Villain in Disguise" and let the Madly games begin!


14 comments:

emmab said...

I LOVE this post cannot wait to see what happens next! I'm off to re read the 1st 3 books again!xxxx

Donna Reynolds said...

I'm so excited to hear this I can't wait for this book I love you books so much and hope to one day get the chance to meet you, you are a fantastic author!! <3

Michele Ficht said...

I love your books. I will have to check my library and see if I have the first three, and if not, get them and read them before this books comes out. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Have a Great Weekend.
:)

Alexa Sabean said...

I love that we get to read it on here. I've been waiting. are you still going to release it in print or ebook at some point in the future?

M. Leighton said...

I'm so glad y'all are excited! I am getting super anxious now:) Eeeeeeeeeeeep Also, yes! I will upload it as usual once the book is complete, so you'll be able to download it in its entirety to your ereader and/or purchase the paperback:)

Erma Jo said...

I know I have "bothered" you for almost 2 years waiting for the next installment of Madley. I love the series and cannot wait to find out what is going to happen in book 4.

Alexa Sabean said...

Yay!!! Love it!

B said...

OMG!! I am so happy!!! I loooove this series!! I have seriously missed Madly and Jackson! CAN NOT WAIT!!!
Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

Valerie StuckInBooks said...

*spins*
*happy dancing*

YAY! I'm soooooooooooo excited!!

(Yes it's about time - and I know I've harassed you about this but I'm NOT sorry. Hehe)

LOVE you M.

Valerie @ StuckInBooks

Autumn Hull said...

You know how much I LOVE this series!!!! CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Naomi said...

Ahh, SO excited! Yes, yes, yes. I've been waiting, and checking back, and waiting. So glad I didn't give. Up. Hooray!!! Madly was one of my very first memorable paranormal series and it helped solidify my love for Indie, :)

margaret johnson said...

I don't trust Berlin and his brother. I'm so excited. Only 14 days left!

Jodie Betts said...

I cant wait I have missed these books a lot. Gonna have to re read them again x

margaret johnson said...

HI!!! I am such a huge fan. Ive written once on your facebook fan page and you responded, so heres hoping you will read this. I have read so many of your young adult books. I didn't even know why I loved them until I discovered you were the author of all of them. I cannot wait for Madly 4, any idea when Wiccan 2 will be out? Thank you so much for being an amazing author.