Thursday, June 26, 2014

Madly 4- Please don't kill me!

I know every author writes "to the beat of a different drum" and I sometimes wish I was one of those who didn't require inspiration or "feeling" to write a book.  Unfortunately, I'm not.  I have to be in the mood, in the groove, feeling it, inspired, whatever you want to call it.  Y'all have no idea how much I want to write Madly's fourth book and give you the next part of her story.  Keeping you happy is very, very important to me.  But.  (<---you knew there was one) I am just not feeling it right now.  I think it's because I have two books that I NEED to write and I'm very focused on those, which is a good thing. I think my books are infinitely better when my whole heart and soul are on board.  

I want to give you more Madly and Jackson. I want to find out where their story goes next, but I'm just not going to be able to put it up on here like I'd hoped. Like I'd planned.  My brain simply won't let me write a little and then write something else, write a little and then write something else. I'm an all or nothing kind of girl, and when I sit down to write Madly and the Sea Witch, I want to dive in, wholeheartedly, and give her all I've got. 

(pause for a nod to Scotty-- "I'm givin' it all she's got, Captain!")

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. I wish I could just magically whip out all these amazing ideas in my head, including Madly, but I can't.  And I think you wouldn't be happy with it if I did.  What I WILL do, however, is put everything I have into every project. I want us ALL to fall in love. Every. Single. Time.

Y'all are wonderful and amazing, and so, so supportive.  And I'M so, so grateful.  

Here's to "what's next":)

Happy Thursday!  Friday, where we come!
Post a Comment