Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dracula and a winner

Just in case you're stopping by to check out the winner announcement from my "Therapy" post, I'll get to that first and then babble about my Dracula...errrr, I mean about Dracula next:)  hehe

Let me first thank y'all for your wonderful comments! I read every single one of them and they all made me so, so happy!  Happy that I shared with you and happy that many of YOU shared with ME, which was just more awesome than words.  So thank you.  Truly.

The winner via Random.org is Lauren Rosa.  Lauren, please contact me with your mailing address at m.leighton.books@gmail.com to receive your signed paperback:)



Now, Dracula...

*sigh*

Y'all this movie... OMG it was fabulous!

  • It had great character development-- I loved Vlad from the beginning.  Almost his whole story is tragic, but that's what makes the sweet parts sweeter.  And he's sexy.  Very, VERY sexy.  That always helps:D hehe


  • It had great action-- lots of epic battles and cool special effects.  


  • It had a fantastic story-- hard-luck underdog willing to fight to the death for those he loves, even if it means becoming a monster to save them.  *swoon*

  • It had vampires-- enough said.  

  • And, the best part, it had tons of romance-- undying love, loyalty, and, of course, sacrifice.  *sniff sniff*  There was even one part where I was blinking away a few stray tears. In a vampire movie no less!  Y'all, it was  little embarrassing, which was why I was blinking them away. hehe  But I'm a sucker for that kind of...well, you'll know the part I mean when you get to it.

Yes, it was a "scary" action movie with a paranormal theme, but at it's heart (although most men will probably argue), it's a romance.  A wonderful romance!   I hope they make the sequel!

I know, I know. It's just a movie, but for me, it was also an incredible (and visual) reminder of what I adore about my job.  It reminded me that if I lovingly develop my characters, that if I let you see into all their parts (good and bad, strong and weak, broken and working), that if I carefully and meticulously tell you their story, there's a great chance that you'll love them as much as I do.  That you'll see them as I do, know them as I do.  And, to me, that's the most amazing thing in the world.  It's a large part of why I do what I do.  But it's also a privilege.  And I won't ever forget that it is.

So, in short, Dracula Untold is:  a fabulous Dracula origin story, a wonderful romance, a tragedy that somehow ends in hope and it has a sexy leading guy.  And it's a great date movie.  What's not to love?  If you've seen it, let me know your thoughts. If not, what the heck are you waiting for?  LOL

Happy Saturday, y'all!  Be safe and enjoy:)


Post a Comment