Monday, October 20, 2014

Wake up!

For those of you who don't know, I have a small dog that is very much like my child.  She belonged to my mother-in-law, Karen, and when she passed away, Karen willed us her dog.  She knew that we would take good care of her, which we do.  The dog's name is Callie.  She's an 8-pound Malti-poo that's smarter than most toddlers.  I'm not kidding.  We thought her intellect was unusual until we started researching poodle breeds.  They're freakin' smart!  Seriously.  She knows so many words that we have to spell things around her.  She can literally complete some of the tests that are designed to measure a 2-3 year old's  thought processes. It's insane!  Annnnnyway, it drives her nuts when Mr. Leighton lies in the floor and snores, pretending to sleep.  She can't stand it!  She whines until I tell her to wake him up, at which point she will scratch his head until he moves or I praise her.  It's adorable, and I secretly (okay, maybe not so secretly) snicker over her taking off a few layers of Mr. Leighton's scalp. hehe  <------Is that mean?  Probably.  But it's just so cute!  And listening to him yelp-laugh (which is what he does when she digs in) makes ME  laugh for some reason.

Here's a video of the little devil doing it. So. Cute.  As I taped it, sitting in the living room with my family when I should've been working, I was reminded of the important things in life.  Family, friends, love, laughter.  In that moment, I realized that I had it all, right there three feet away. That makes me blessed beyond measure, doesn't it?  Yep, it sure does. #Perspective

If any of you have cute pet tricks and stories, share away! I'm a huge animal lover, so...that never gets old to me:)  LOL

Happy Monday, y'all! I hope that you get to spend time with your family and friends this week, and that it's filled with loads and loads of love and laughter:)


Post a Comment