Monday, March 23, 2015

Back in the saddle and catching up

HAPPY MONDAY!  If there is such a thing. I think it's about as likely to encounter as a unicorn or a bad picture of Channing Tatum.  <----in other words NEVER!  :) hehe

Okay, so I know there has been a lot going on in the last two weeks, before Pocketful of Sand released.  I've had a ton of giveaways and contests and comments and posts and all sorts of fun stuff.  I'm sorry that I have yet to respond to a lot of things, but rest assured that I will be catching up with ALL OF IT this week.

When I scheduled the release of Pocketful of Sand, I didn't realize that it would collide with so many other important things.  It was set to come out on March 15th, which was a good date it seemed.  As it turned out, there was a signing on March 14th, but I thought to myself that I could probably work around that, so I didn't panic.  But then I had a small change in a deadline with Berkley, which put my third Tall, Dark and Dangerous book DUE on March 15th as well.  Sooooo, I had to finish that book by March 11th so that I could leave for the beach for a signing on March 14th and then focus on Pocketful's release on March 15th.  Although a bit crazy and hectic, that didn't sound completely out of the realm of possibility, so I was hanging in there.

Then all hell broke loose. LOL

My mom found out on the 12th that her first chemo appointment would be on March 19th, we had an unfriendly neighbor at the condo at the beach, my book went live on some sites a day early and the parking garage ceiling collapsed on my car release day morning.  When we got back home, I had a half day to recover when my editor called and said she had edits for me that she needed by Wednesday, on the day when I was supposed to leave to travel to Virginia to be with my mom during chemo.  So, I spent the following two days holed up in my office doing edits and then left for Virginia by the skin of my teeth on Wednesday afternoon.  I spent Thursday at the hospital with Mom, which was traumatic for her because, among other things, they thought she was having a reaction to the chemo.  I stayed with her until yesterday (Sunday) to make sure she wasn't going to have any problems, as the first three days are critical.

And now I'm back.

I say allllll that to say this:  I'm so sorry I've been so sporadic in my posting and responding.  The only thing I could really do was schedule posts to Facebook so that no one would think I'd fallen off the face of the earth.  But THANK YOU SO MUCH for your patience, because now I'm back in the saddle and ready to tackle EVERYTHING!


If you've been notified of winning something, I'll be mailing out all swag packs, paperbacks and other goodies early next week. I'm going to sort through everything and get packages ready this week.  If you haven't heard back from me after you've submitted something, I'll be doing that today, too.  In other words, expect to hear from me this week and to get your package(s) in about two weeks.

Thank you for being awesome and understanding.  2015 is trying to whip my butt, but I'm determined to stand my ground:)  hehe  *pulls self up by bootstraps*  I'm going in, y'all! Wish me luck!

p.s.  I know I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating.  Often.  THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES FROM THE VERY, VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART to everyone who read and loved and left a review and told a friend about Pocketful of Sand.  Your love has been incredible and overwhelming and AMAZING.  Just like y'all.  I'm grateful right down to my very bones.  <3 <3