Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Music of My Life

Do you ever feel like your life ever goes through periods of time where you have epiphany after epiphany?  Like all of a sudden you're learning so much about...stuff?  Well, I think I'm in one of those periods.  I feel like every day I learn some huge WOW type thing about life and health and happiness.  You know, the important stuff.  The one I'm going to tell you about today is related to music, hence the title.  Music is a huge part of my life and it brings me so much joy, and occasionally, it brings me some awesome moment of pure ecstasy, too!  Okay, maybe ecstasy is a strong word, but it sure does bring me a lot of pleasure:)  LOL

So, I was on my way back from town, driving along in my car, music blaring, minding my own business, when this song comes on. It's not a new song and I'd heard it several times before, but for some reason it just hit me like a ton of bricks that something about it--not necessarily all the words, but the feel of the song--reminded me of me and my hubby.  I downloaded it (I know you're not supposed to do things like that when you're driving, but in my defense, I was stopped at a red light when I did it) and I proceeded to listen to it on repeat for the rest of the way home.

I was already in good spirits when I walked in to find my husband making dinner.  He looked as handsome as ever, doing something kind and thoughtful for me. Nothing new there.  I told him I'd heard this great song that reminded me of us and then played it for him.  When the chorus came on, no lie, I broke out in cold chills all up and down my arms.  Hubby was looking at me over the stove and it occurred to me (not for the first time) that I love that man so much more than I ever thought I could love another human being. I mean, he is my other half.  My better half. He is what makes me happy. He is what keeps me sane. He is what keeps me grounded.  He is the person I want to walk through every day of my life with. I want to laugh with him, cry with him, experience new things with him, chase dreams with him.  That's no small thing, finding someone that you love that way. And I found it.  Found him.

As I listened to that song and we watched each other over the stove, I thought about how we really were born with fire and gold in our eyes.  Fire for life, fire for each other.  Together, we shine. He makes me shine.  I write for y'all, for myself, but I write about him.  We are lightning in a bottle. Or at least that's how he makes me feel.  He's the kind of happiness that I want to cherish every single day and I hope that every time I play that song, I'm reminded of that. I don't ever want to take him for granted, or take what we have for granted.  He's my happy place and, together, we can do anything.  He is the music of my life, his love the song I always want to sing.  Letting stress or worry or anything get in the way of the happiness he brings me is a tragedy.  Nothing is more important than he is (except God, of course. He always comes first), and I realized that if I keep my focus where it needs to be, on the positive rather than the negative, life is pretty dang sweet.  Every. Single. Day.

So carpe diem, y'all!  Hug your kids, kiss your man, tell your sister you love her.  Whoever is important to you, let them know.  Wallow in their love.  Revel in how blessed you are.  Concentrate on the things that matter most.  Everything else will take care of itself:)

Peace and love and book boyfriends.
Post a Comment